INFO NOTE FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING IN RWANDA
Welcome to Rwanda! We are glad you have chosen to travel to Rwanda. Please find here below information regarding COVID-19 guidelines and designated transit hotels.
As part of Government measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following is mandatory upon entry into Rwanda as of 1 August 2020:
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda must be tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of departure (meaning that you get tested and get results no more than 3 days before your first flight), complete the passenger locator form, and upload the COVID-19 test certificate. Please see passenger locator form link on www.rbc.gov.rw.
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda will be screened upon entry and be given a second test to confirm the negative results of first test done prior to arrival.
- All travelers are required to complete 24 hours in a designated transit hotel while awaiting the results of the second test.
- The Government of Rwanda has negotiated special rates at the designated hotels for the waiting period. Should a guest wish to remain in the hotel after receiving negative test results, they are welcome to extend their stay at the applicable hotel’s rates.
- The negotiated hotel rate is on full board basis (inclusive of three meals) and if a guest takes less than the three meals, no refund will be provided. Any extras will be paid separately upon order.
- The meals are inclusive of water or soft drinks. Any extras will be paid for separately on order.
INFO NOTE FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING IN RWANDA I 1 of 3
Designated transit Hotels
No Hotel Name Level
(star) Location Room Rate
(per person) Telephone & Email contacts
2 KIGALI MARRIOTT HOTEL (5*)
1 RADISSON BLU HOTEL (5*)
3 KIGALI SERENA HOTEL (5*)
4 HOTEL DES MILLES COLLINES (4*)
5 GRAND LEGACY HOTEL (4*)
6 LEMIGO HOTEL (4*)
7 GORILLAS GOLF HOTEL (4*)
As of 1 August 2020, every traveler arriving in Rwanda on an international flight must proceed to one of 17 selected hotels for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Once at the hotel, the following shall be the process:
- Step 1: You will be tested for COVID-19 and there will be a medical team to assist whenever needed. A medical service fee of 10USD will be charged at the hotel as well as a 50 USD charge for COVID-19 testing.
- The cost of COVID-19 test is 50USD per test. For further information on payment method for Covid-19 test please visit www.rbc.gov.rw
- Step 2: Wait for the test results to be received by SMS or email.
- Step 3: If your test result is negative, you will be invited to checkout or extend your stay in the same hotel at applicable hotel’s rates
- Step 4: If your test result is positive, you will be taken to a medical facility for specialized care at your own cost. We encourage passengers to have international travel insurance.
INFO NOTE FOR PASSENGERS ARRIVING IN RWANDA I 3 of 3
2 of 3
You may use your electronic devices while in transit hotel, but we count on you to do so responsibly,
particularly by respecting the security of the facility and the privacy of other guests at all times.
The preventive measures announced by the Ministry of Health must be observed by all, especially
frequent hand-washing, proper wearing of face masks in public, and maintaining safe physical distance
from others (at least one meter apart). For more details about COVID-19 clinical management guidelines,
please visit www.rbc.gov.rw.
Emergency Contacts Information:
• Toll free number: 114
• RBC Medical Team on Duty at Airport 24/7: (+250) 781415724
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, we thank you for your patience and cooperation and wish you a memorable stay in Rwanda.