TOURISM INCENTIVE 2020
As Uganda continues to manage the impacts of COVID19 and welcome visitors to the various destinations around the country, Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is pleased to inform the general public that it will be running a festive season price discount.
Our visitors are at the heart of our conservation efforts and as we enter into this festive season, we are glad to be able to reward them for their continued support throughout the years and more especially through this period of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following discounts have been offered with effect from 1st December 2020 to 31st March 2021
- 50% discount on the park entrance fee for Lake Mburo NP, Queen Elizabeth NP, Kidepo Valley NP, Murchison Falls NP, Semuliki NP, Toro Semuliki Wildlife Reserve, Katonga Wildlife Reserve, Kabwoya Wildlife Reserve and Pian Upe Wildlife Reserve.
- 50% discount on birding fees.
- Reduction on Gorilla and chimpanzee tracking fees for all visitor categories as follows
- East African Community citizen gorilla tracking permits reduced from UGX 250,000 to UGX. 150,000
- Foreign Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 600 to USD 300
- Foreign Non Resident gorilla tracking permits reduced from USD 700 to USD 400
- East African Community resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from UGX. 150,000 to UGX. 100,000
- Foreign Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 150 to USD 100
- Foreign Non-Resident chimpanzee tracking permits reduced from USD 200 to USD 150
- The reduction on gorilla and chimp fees will only apply to new purchases between 1st December 2020 and 31st March 2021 and will not apply to reschedules of already deposited on permits or purchases using credit letters.
No reschedules will be allowed for these promotional permits beyond the promotional period, therefore all the promotional permits have to be used within the promotional period.
UWA further reminds its visitors that we shall continue to adhere to the COVID-19 guidelines throughout this period, which can be downloaded from the UWA website
For more information please contact our reservations office